Saturday 3 December 2011

More of my photography...expreimentation

I continued to develop my ideas and I wanted to retake my photographs for the 'into the night' event. I used my camera in a different way this time, I slowed the shutter speed down so that when I captured the image, it would look like it was still in motion rather than a still shot.
Technical lingo...
The shutter speed: this is basically the amount of time the shutter is open for.
Shutter speed is measured usually in seconds.

As I was photographing this new set of images, I listened to the type of music which was planned to be played at the 'into the night' event. This reminded me of the kind of 'club scene'.
Here are some of my favourite shots I took. I love the way I have captured the motion of the light, it reflects the movement and genre of dance and music of the is section of the event. I firstly started looking at circular movements to see how they turned out. I also wanted to experiment with colours aswell as shapes.









































































I think these vibrant, bold neon colours represent the youth of today, their music,dance and visual arts which is perfect for the event. I continued to photograph these glow stick but as you can see i wanted to form different shapes simply by changing the movements and this was all down to the tempo and beat of the music.



















No comments:

Post a Comment