Tuesday 11 October 2011

WORKSHOP 3: Foam

The one thing I definitely found out today is that blue foam gets EVERYWHERE when you're sanding it. We were introduced to using a new material today to form our bottle shapes out of. This material is called blue foam. I found this a very hard material to work with in todays session, but i think that is purely because I have never worked with foam before. I have continued to work upon my first effort since leaving the workshop and I think I might be getting the hang of it.
During the session I used my initial ideas and sketches to work from, and developed these forms using blue foam. When using the foam what i love about it is that I finally get to see my sketches starting to take shape in a 3d form. Now I have got the basics on how to manipulate the blue foam using the saw, and by sanding it down I can continue to develop more bottle shapes using this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment