Saturday 24 September 2011

WORKSHOP 1: Laser Cutting Session

Today we had an induction to the laser cutters at uni. I briefly used them in my first year so this workshop was a great help in refreshing my memory in using them. We were shown how software such as Adobe Illustrator and Correl Draw can be used to create our designs then simply inputted into the laser cutter.

In my opinion this is a rapid and precise way of cutting intricate detailed designs out in a number of materials. I'll definitely keep this process in mind throughout my designing for my fragrance bottle. This quick technique looks professional and I and can thing about ways of incorporating this process in my work.

While in the session we were all given the opportunity to have a go at using the machines. I have

No comments:

Post a Comment