Friday 23 September 2011

HUGO BOSS...Deep Red and Dark Blue

In the design industry when a particular brief is set there is ALWAYS a target audience which the product is aimed at. In this project it depends all on the fragrance which I choose to design a bottle for. I began my research by looking at the two products.

DEEP RED

This is a female produced by Hugo Boss a world renowned company. On the Hugo Boss website it actually says: "HUGO Deep Red is for women who revel in the night, she feels free to express her passion and sensuality".
I first of all look at images of the bottle online however I felt that to get the true feel of the form I physically went to the shops to have a proper look at the product. In my opinion the form was sleek and smooth, this flowing shape instantly screamed it was a feminine fragrance. I was able to know who the company were marketing the fragrance to simply by the bottle which it was in. When holding the bottle to this fragrance I found it to be a very delicate bottle.




DARK BLUE

This is the male equivalent fragrance. What was said on the official website about this product was: "HUGO Dark Blue was designed for men who want to experiment and push the boundaries of pleasure and seduction to the limit. And maybe beyond.
I went through the exact same process with this fragrance and when looking at and handling the product I was able to see and compare how different male and female fragrance bottle actually are. I found the masculine packaging to be a bulkier bottle, which is easier to grip and hold in a larger hand.





This was just a glance initial research into the two products. I want to further look at other products targeting the same market as this will help me to see weather there is general consensus to the products.



No comments:

Post a Comment